Enchiladas are one dinner that are delicious and easy to make, but sometimes too spicy for kids. I'm currently loving the green enchilada recipe from this book (Annette's Enchiladas).
And yet, this is the way I usually make 'em. Here are three ways to make Enchiladas- in one pan! - so even the little ones at the table are happy. And this is the most important thing about sitting down for a meal- to see tiny tummies leave full and to see happy tots by the end of your meal.
You will need:
3 chicken breasts
3 tbsp. homemade Taco Seasoning
2 small cans of enchilada sauce
Mexican shredded cheese
~Preheat Oven to 400.
1. Combine 3 breasts of chicken and 1/2 container of salsa with Taco Seasoning in a slow cooker. I like Chipotle Restaurant-style Salsa for a unique kick in the flavor of the chicken.
2. Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
3. Tear or cut apart your chicken until shredded. Combine with 1 c. shredded cheese and Reserving about 1/2 c. chicken, enchilada sauce.
4. Add chicken with sauce and chicken without sauce to tortillas. Add extra cheese to 1/4 of your tortillas for the cheese-lovers at the table. Top with enchilada sauce and shredded mexican cheese. Put kids' enchiladas on the side to tell them apart from the rest!
5. Bake for 20 min. on 400. Enjoy- these are delicious! My kids loved these- even my picky eater.