Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Scones!

chocolate chip scones!


Once I discovered the recipe for Shortcake on the back of the Bisquick box, I went hogwild with ideas. 
Adding sugar to a biscuit recipe makes it dessert? Sign me up.

I recently went grocery shopping in search or Bisquick, but couldn't find it.  I am sadly dependent on the box mix, as opposed to dicing butter for the perfect biscuit.

I found a great alternate plan, and these AMAZING chocolate chip scones were born.

Recipe:

3 1/4 c. Southern Biscuit Flour (with shortening flakes)
1 1/4 c. buttermilk
1 c. mini chocolate chips
3 tbsp. sugar
butter for brushing

drop biscuit style- and bake on 450 for 10 minutes! 

Enjoy! 
....for a snack, for dessert, or for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment