If you make these for little ones, hold off on the almonds for half of the muffins. Sprinkle some nutmeg on the muffins that do have almonds- that way you'll be able to tell them apart when they come out of the oven.
These are delicious! Enjoy.
1 3/4 c. flour
1/3 c. sugar or honey
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 beaten egg
1/2 c. milk
2 1/2 overripe bananas
1/2 c. sliced almonds
1/4 c. cooking oil
brown sugar for topping
1. Preheat oven to 400. Grease 12 muffin cups.
2. In medium bowl combine flour, sugar (or honey), baking powder, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture, set aside.
3. In another bowl combine egg, milk, oil, bananas, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture and stir just until moist.
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, 2/3 full. Sprinkle brown sugar over muffins.
5. Bake for 18-20 min. or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 min. Serve warm.
adapted from Better Homes and Gardens cookbook