My Mom and Grandma
This recipe is from my Mom and Dad's time living on the Navajo Indian reservation in Shiprock, New Mexico. Also known as, the place where my older brother was born!
Mom's Navajo Tacos
2 c. oil
4c. flour (can be whole wheat)
3 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. salt
2 c. warm milk
1. Heat oil in deep skillet.
2. Combine dry ingredients, add milk and knead in bowl.
3. Pat out with hands until flat, putting a small hole in each piece of fry bread.
4. combine ground beef, beans, and taco seasoning.
5. Top each piece of fry bread with beef/bean mixture and add mexican cheese, broil to melted in an oven.
Serve with delicious toppings of your choice.
toppings: salsa, sour cream, black olives, green chiles, avocado, etc.